The Aia Chronicles
- No actively / passively killing or harming your fellow party members. Dungeons and Dragons is meant to be a fun game for friends to play and explore fantasy worlds; in that intention of the game, lethal intraparty conflict is explicitly forbidden. Players are not allowed to murder another player character; players are not allowed to let another player character die simply because they do not like them and/or simply do not want to take the risk.
- No player, no player character. Characters who are not present do not get experience.
- Avoid pointless side conversations. Keep conversations and actions concise and intentioned. Pointless dialogue takes up time and leaves other players with nothing to do.
- Quartermaster – this PC keeps track of loot obtained by the group on their adventure. Current logged in a Google Drive document.
- Lore Master – this PC keeps notes for the Adventure Log as well as writing down names of NPCs, locations, and organizations that are improvised by the GM. These records are recorded in the Wiki and Adventure Log
Game Rules (Homebrew)
Potions & Poultices – If a PC wishes to drink a potion or poultice, doing so consists of the PCs "environment interaction" on their move. They cannot draw a weapon, open a door, etc. on the same turn that they drink a potion. If a PC wishes to administer a potion to an injured or fallen ally, doing so requires their action.
Magical Obscuration - If a spell is cast during battle that causes an Area of Effect obscuration (such as Darkness or Fog Cloud), the characters in the area suffer the Blinded condition (PHB 183) as normal for battle mechanics. However, characters in the area know the square that each character was in prior to the effect. The characters in the area do NOT know where the effect's center or boundaries are nor can they see character movement within the effect. Obscured area is treated like Difficult Terrain for movement (PHB 182).
Failed Stealth – If a PC makes a Stealth check and rolls a low value, the PC will know that they are not stealthing well if their check is below their Passive Perception.
Background Feat – All PCs take a Feat at level 1 that is associated with their background.
Critical Injuries – Every time a character is reduced to 0HP, the PC suffers a Critical Injury rolled from a Critical Injury table. Critical injuries can always be healed with magical healing of varying spell level.
Alternative Initiative – When determining your Initiative modifier, you may use your Dexterity or Wisdom modifier. In addition, martial classes can add their proficiency bonus to their initiative modifier.
Between adventures, PCs will have the opportunity to pursue personal tasks using the Unearthed Arcana: Downtime rules. Using these rules PCs can do certain tasks such as:
- Building a Stronghold (DMG. 128)
- Buying a Magic Item
- Crafting an Item
- Gain Renown (DMG. 129)
- Perform Sacred Rites (DMG. 129)
- Pit Fighting
- Religious Service
- Running a Business (DMG. 129)
- Scribing a Scroll
- Selling a Magic Item
- Sowing Rumors (DMG. 131)
Tasks generally take a week of time and a 10% chance of complication unless otherwise noted.
Players may visit temples throughout Aia to attempt to gain the blessing of a deity.
Standard rules for blessings are as follows:
- PCs can only ask each deity for a blessing once per month.
- PCs can only have one blessing at a time.
- Unless a PC seeks the blessing if your chosen deity, you must make a d20 roll (DC10) to gain a deity's blessing. If a PC prays to their chosen deity, no roll is necessary.
- Blessings are used as 1 / day abilities.
During a deity's given month, worshippers of that deity receive the following benefits:
- The effect of the blessing can be used 3 / day instead of 1 / day.
|Avandra's Luck||You may re-roll one d20 roll.|
|Bahamut's Protection||Increase your AC and saving throws by 1 for one round.|
|Corellon's Arcanus||Gain advantage on saving throws against spells and other magical effects for one round.|
|Erathis' Synergy||Whenever you aid an ally, you may add the result of the two rolls rather than taking the best one.|
|Ioun's Lore||Automatically succeed on a Knowledge check.|
|Kord's Guidance||Increase your Strength by 2 for one round.|
|Call of Melora||Gain one beast of CR 1 or lower as a companion for one minute.|
|Moradin's Steel||Increase Damage done by 1 to a single Metal weapon OR decrease Damage received by 1 when wearing a designated set of Metal armor for one round.|
|Pelor's Vigor||If you are brought to 0 HP, you are brought to 1 HP at the start of your next turn.|
|The Queen's Rebuke||If you are brought to 0HP, your attacker suffers the same Critical Injury you suffer.|
|Cloak of Sehanine||Take the Hide action for free.|
If you would like to participate in a little metagame, you have the option to gain inspiration between sessions by doing three of the following four things.
- Pick a song that describes your character's current state.
- Draw a quick sketch of your character as s/he currently looks.
- Post a small interaction (paragraph) between your character and an NPC that showcases their personality.
- Post a new bit of backstory information (paragraph) for the other players to get an insight into your character.